HBFI continues to provide strong level of funding for viable developments throughout Ireland.
Funding to date
Total loan approvals to the end of June 2023 were €1,437m. This funding is across 117 projects and can support the delivery of 6,357 homes. Of the 117 projects with funding approved, 66 projects are now under construction or completed. These projects will support the delivery of 4,258 new homes.
As of 30 June, 2,008 of the units within these 66 schemes are completed with a further 1,767 under construction.
To date 47% of HBFI-funded homes are for owner-occupiers, 30% for social/affordable housing, 5% Part V and 18% for renters.
HBFI has approved 117 facilities as of the end of June 2023. These facilities are in various locations across 22 counties with an average of 54 new homes per facility. HBFI remains focused on supporting viable developments across the whole of Republic of Ireland. Dublin accounts for 30% of total units approved to date. When PRS units are discounted Cork accounts for the largest portion of the remianing units at 15%.
To date 70% of homes funded by HBFI consist of 3 bed or 2 bed units with a further 15% being 4 bed units. 66% of all units are houses with the remaining 34% being apartments.
HBFI is committed to supporting all types of developments across Ireland. The majority of the 117 approved developments funded by HBFI are small to medium sized schemes with 65% of the approved developments being <50 units with an average of 21 units. In value terms the larger schemes account for a greater proportion of total funding approved.
Below is the average forecasted price of a standard 3 bed house within the developments HBFI have approved funding for. The actual price will depend on when the units are completed and brought to market.
This information is also available below to download in Excel.